MY DUE DATE!! Today was my 'official' due date. I had mentioned before we had 2 due dates (the 28th or the 31st) but we ran with the latter.
Today my beautiful boy is 1 week and 1 day old. Ethan is a wonderful baby. I hope this sticks around, but he is so placid and content. He doesn't fuss unless naked and doesn't cry even when he has wind. He is an impressive sleeper and an even more impressive eater. He is quieter than Cade, doesn't make as many little baby noises. But he makes up for it with a louder cry than Cade! Not that you hear it much, both my boys aren't much of criers (so far...)
Cade is smitten. He is a smother but so tender. He says, "Cute!" all the time and wants to hold him, bring him to me, hold his hand and constantly is trying to wake him up. If he anywhere remotely close to Ethan he is rubbing his head, can't keep his hands off his little head. Ethan is handling it like a pro though, nothing fazes him at this stage. Just today I was on the phone with Cory and had to leave the room for a minute and when I returned to the room, Cade was in the cradle with Ethan! I would have got a photo but I freaked out, he had to climb over Ethan to lay by him so I had to make sure poor Ethan was ok. He didn't move a muscle, was sound asleep.
This morning Cade came into bed with us at some stage and I didn't know. Ethan woke for a feed and I sat up and got him out of the cradle and Cade woke and asked what I was doing and I told him just feeding little bubba and later I just lay down and held Ethan and Cade snuggled over and was touching heads with him and rubbing his head. It was so endearing. Cade is a beautiful child. He is caring and sweet (unless he is busy bossing you about and then all loveliness goes..) My poor mum has been chastised by Cade more than I can count and I am hoping he snaps out of this quick smart or it will be cause for some serious time outs to say the least!
I am doing ok. I was great yesterday but today I am back to hurting again. My incission just burns sometimes, well most of the time and it bugs me. My milk came in while in the hospital and it didn't hurt near as much as it did with Cade but my back KILLED from it. That has eased a tonne though so I can not complain. My mum is a fantastic second set of hands and feet I tell ya!! We have had some wonderful meals from wonderful friends, thank you so much and some great visitors drop by. It has been so nice as I am still house bound for a little bit.
Here are some pictures for you all to enjoy, hopefully as much as I do!!
Ethan... 1 Day Old
Ethan... 1st day home
Ethan... 1 week old
November 2019 Videos
6 years ago



5 comments:
So cute!
How fun, it sounds like Cade is going to be a great older brother. I like the name Ethan as well. I hope your incision gets to feeling better soon, I can't imagine the second time around with a c-section.
Congrats! He is too cute!
Oh...he's darling....Good Job!
Hey I recognise those clothes (3rd baby to wear them)
Post a Comment