Saturday, March 14, 2009

37 Weeks



Well I made it! I am officially full term. I am almost over this cruddy cold thing that I had going on and the coughing is easing slowly but surely. I am hoping we keep any other sickness that maybe lurking around away and remain happy and healthy at the Anderson house.

The last 3 Friday nights I have had BAD contractions that I have thought would land me in the hospital to be monitored but because I don't want to get there and get hooked up and them just turn around and send me home, I just try and fall asleep and if I stay asleep then that is my answer. Thankfully this little strategy is working thus far! I just do not remember contractions at all with Cade. Not like this anyway. Sometimes I can barely breath through them. But we made it! Little boy is kicking and squirming and I am loving that reassurance.

I had my ob appointment last Tuesday and because my Dr is on vacation this next week, it was to be my last ob appointment with him before the c-section. I asked him if it was worth it to have my cervix checked by him before he left (just in case something needed to happen) and he said we by all means could but I had stressed I wanted to be well before surgery as the coughing alone would hurt like no other with a surgical incision, so he said that if he checked me and I was at a 4 or a 5 I would be on complete bed rest and he would want me to remain that way until well or until our scheduled date. So I said, no thanks, don't check me, ignorance is bliss in this situation. My blood pressure was slightly up, which happened last pregnancy too at this time but it wasn't high at all, just up a little to my normal, but still in the normal range.

This week I had a week of pampering. I went and got a pedicure with one of my girlfriends, her hubby and Cory both got us a gift certificate at a spa for Valentines Day so we went and did that. I LOVE pedicures, so relaxing. I also got my hair done last night and it feels SO good to have a fresh cut and colour I tell ya. It had been 4 months since I had my hair done as I was holding out, thinking I might grow it but nope, got it chopped off again. It is just so much easier to do I think.

This last week I have had 3 friends have babies and it is getting exciting, everyone is popping! Ahhh, I can wait another week though until my Dr gets back!!

6 comments:

Jessica & Paul said...

Your hair looks totally cute Kathryn! take it easy this week and enjoy every minute! I'm so excited for you and to see this adorable little boy!

Claire said...

Arghhh! It's too exciting! You look soooo good!! The hair is fab:)

Wyborn Family said...

Love your top :) - hehe

Annette said...

Funny. I had a dream the other night that Ronnie didn't like my hair long and asked me to get my hair cut into a similar style as yours. He had gotten up early to get his boat ready to go waterskiing, I woke and went outside to ask him if he liked my hair or would prefer that I get it cut off. Ha ha.....

Melany said...

Hey hot stuff! you look great! Love the hair! Im sorry I haven't been around! My laptop is cracking the sads! Camryn is going SO well, she is an angel! All she does is sleeps and eats! I Love it lol

Can't wait to hear from you! Its all renovations ago here, getting ready for the big extension! Kinda freaky really!
Anywho love you! talk soon xoxox

Jamie said...

I wanted to tell you today, but got sidetracked... your hair is really cute (and you look AMAZING at 37 weeks)! Enjoy and let us know if you need a little "outing" this week:)