Friday, March 20, 2009

The Countdown Is On...

This week has been quite an emotional and stressful one to say the least but we have been blessed with some happy news... MY MUM IS COMING!! yay is all I can say! I am super excited that she is able to come. We did not think that this would happen as she has been dealing with the settlement of her insurance case with her car accident she was in just before she was due to come for Cades birth, but things have worked out so she can swing it. What a blessing to me. She arrives as I check out of the hospital and my mother-in-law will be here with us at the hospital and I am SO thankful for that. I found it hard to be alone when in surgery when Cory went with Cade so I am glad my mother-in-law can step in. She is such a great help and I am thankful for her willingness to come. My mum will be here for 4 weeks and it is such a relief to me and to Cory to not have to worry about the adjustment and recovery. He can come and go as usual knowing I have constant support with my mum here.
Life has been so busy and stressful for Cory and this weekend is more of the same. He has a major presentation due this next week and with all of his group away on spring break and me in the hospital next week it makes for some cramming and stressful days. Here's hoping it all comes together for him. That he gets the grades he needs and we can all remain healthy and well with all the stress about.

But the countdown is indeed on... I got the call from the hospital this evening and we have to be there at 5am. Hello early!! We are having our good friend watch Cade and I wanted to wake him and take him on over to her so he wouldn't freak out when he woke and we were not here but I am hoping that perhaps we can keep him asleep or having my mother-in-law stay with him until he wakes and then jet on up to the hospital once she has dropped him off. I am hopeful he is calm and things work out as he is SUPER clingy for me of late and just tonight when I was talking to him about what is coming up he told me I need to be "home to sleep" and that "Cade stay here!" I am stressed about it but there is nothing I can do so I need to let it go.

I am praying my little heart out that things come together well and we are ALL happy, healthy and taken care of. I am a control freak and when I can not control the situation I stress about it, so now is when I need to show faith and trust in the Lord, knowing all is well and that I will be fine, baby boy will be healthy, Cade will be fine, Cory's work and school schedule will be fine, things will be fine!!

1 comment:

Felecia Moeaki said...

Yeah, that's great! Honestly, when my mum flew out to help with Sione, it was such a blessing. She was a great help, and I really needed it....Motherhood was quite the adjustment. I wish you well. Excited to see new pictures soon...Uma's from the Moeaki's....