Wednesday, February 25, 2009

35 Weeks

This week I am 35 weeks pregnant. I can't believe how quickly it has gone by. Last week didn't seem to go quick enough though. I was just off all week. Tuesday especially. At my ob appointment last Tuesday my Dr decided because I was just having an off day and felt sick, heavy, was contracting etc that he would check my cervix just to be sure all was ok. It was. I wasn't dilated at all (thank goodness) but baby was head down and very low, not a concerning low, just low, alot of pressure (which let me tell you I WAS indeed feeling). My pelvis had been feeling the brunt of it.

This week I am doing much, much better. I still contract a fair bit more than I ever remember with Cade but not like last week, which is good. My pelvis is no longer the pain sufferer but my sciatic nerve is killer! I waddle. Don't laugh!!

I am feeling like it is time to be done and I hate that feeling. It is when discomfort takes over the love I have of being pregnant and that is not a happy day for me. I can safely say I never felt this until I was well into my 38th week with Cade and my blood pressure told the story for me so my Dr decided to induce me that next week. I have just under 4 weeks to go and I so wanted to savor this time... and I will, the best I can anyway. I feel really good other than the aches and pains that come with a growing little one positioning himself. What a blessing to be healthy and well. I have no swelling to speak of or excess fluid and for the most part I am getting some good sleep in. I consider all these things little blessings.

Here are some pics taken today of the 'fat guts' in all glory! (sorry about the poor picture quality, not sure what the go is there...)




And here is 36 weeks pregnant with Cade...

4 comments:

Claire said...

Oh you look soooo goooodddd!!!! And NO swelling??? Unbeliveable!!!!

Kara said...

I saw you driving behind us and wondered if you were going to turn at the hospital because you were in labor :)

Jill Asay said...

You look great! I love baby bellies!

Sarah said...

Ha! I am waddling too, also because of that dang nerve. It hurts in my upper butt muscles and makes walking around at work a slow process.