Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The First Of Many...





Well today was another first for Cade man. He decided to be Mr Independant while I was putting on a load of washing (I swear this child get into more in the way of trouble in the 2 minutes it takes me to do this than at any other time) and cut himself a banana. He pushed over a dining chair and had at it but cut his left thumb in the process. At first when he cried out for me I didn't know what happened I figured he fell off the chair but then he said, "No hurting hand mumma" and showed me his right had with blood on it as I was by this stage holding him and he had his left arm over my shoulder. I realized that the blood was not from a wound on that hand and looked at his other hand... blood all over the place... and grabbed a clean hand towel. I tried to console him somewhat so I could check out the damage and realized right away it was pretty deep, so after a frantic search for the keys to now avail I called Cory out of class and we headed to the ER.

Cade did really well considering. He obviously cried when he was getting the needle before his 3 stitches and while being stitched up but I think this was because he was being held down also. He actually carried on more because he had a bandaid that had to be left on than anything else. Little monkey.

Today you wouldn't know there was a thing wrong with him, back to freaking me out falling off things and climbing about, but every now and then he will ask for a kiss on his "hurting". He is a sweet little boy and we are just glad it wasn't worse, but as the title indicates I am sure this is the first of many stitches for our little man.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor buddy! That is not fun. How smart to push the chair over. Now I'll really have to watch Taggart. :)

Jill Asay said...

Oh man! I hope his thumb starts to feel better!