Carrie, thanks for sharing the love.... this looked like some fun so I figured 'why not!'
I want ALL of YOU to post your favorite wedding and engagement photos! Spread the Love! And answer the following questions and pair them with a photo if possible!
1. Wedding Date
2. Where did you get married
3. How long did you date / were engaged
4. Were you a Bridezilla
5. Wedding colors
6. How many bridesmaids
7. Where did you honeymoon
8. Where was your reception
9. Is there anything you regret or would like to redo
10. Did you save your cake top and eat it on your first anniversary
11. How long have you been married NOW
Married April 12, 2003 in the Sydney Australia Temple![]()
Cory and I went on our first date December 6th, 2002. He proposed February 2nd, 2003 and we were married April 12th. So 4 months, engaged for 2 of those months. (I do not have any scanned pictures of our dating, this is on the 'to do' list!!
I wasn't a Bridezilla. I knew what I wanted and with very little time to plan ran with it. It all came together quite well so not need for the Bridezilla moments! The closest I got was when I was dressing in the Temple and my sister who had done all my beadwork on my dress, forgot to put the ribbon that did up the bodice of my dress in and I had to send our best man over to the mall across the road to get a replacement ribbon. It was a freak out moment more than a Bridezilla moment as it was all that held my top on so needless to say I didn't want to go topless!!
Wedding colors were, white and a delusted silvery blue. I loved the color!
We had one bridesmaid and one groomsman
We honeymooned in Sydney. The first night we stayed closer to home in Newcastle at this brand spanking new fancy hotel so we wouldn't have to travel so late but then it was off to The Rocks, Darling Harbour and Circular Quay.
Our fav hotel
The Rocks - this yummy italian resturant
Darling Harbour
We had our reception at Mansfield House, this gorgeous old mansion in the town that joined Cory's and my towns. Don't have a picture of this one on my computer either...
If I was to redo anything, I think I would have had a photographer at my reception as well. I also would have done my invites differently and possibly a second reception or an open house for the family in the USA when we came over a month later. Logistically this just didn't work and we thought it a needless expense at the time.
Our cake was completely gone! We didn't know where we would be a year from then so we didn't plan on keeping any. My sister came up to me and asked if I had any cake (apart from what Cory and I gave each other) as she had had 4 pieces! It was yum from what I did taste.
Here we are 5 years 10 months later, with a 2 year old son and one in the oven and an 'almost' done degree!
November 2019 Videos
6 years ago



2 comments:
That was fun to read, thanks for sharing. How are you doing?
What a fun post! I'll have to give it a try.
Post a Comment