Saturday, January 31, 2009

32 Weeks



I have now reached the 'I'm starting to feel uncomfortable stage', where you have to rock to get of the couch or use your husbands arm as leverage! I really, really love being pregnant but I do not enjoy the loss of sleep associated with hot flashes in the night and the 'I just can't get comfortable feeling'. If these are my only complaints... I am one lucky lady!

I watched both boys ultrasound DVD's yesterday as I was feeling a bit nostalgic after organizing some video tapes (yep getting organized for bub) and got to watch one of Cade from the last year or so. He is just such an enjoyable child. I really love to see how he has grown and us along with him and look forward to the addition of a little brother and that new chapter of our lives. I am quite happy to wait at least another 6 weeks to see him though! You watch, I will eat my words most likely now that I have said that out loud! I never wanted to be someone who wished a pregnancy to finish, I love being pregnant and want to savor all the good moments I have. I remember when I had Cade I instantly missed waking to movement, and the constant and easy companionship that was. I am not sure if I will feel as much that way this time, this little one rolls and tumbles as opposed to kicking and for some reason it makes me feel sick and often grosses me out. I do love the movement, it is reassuring at the best of times but he really takes up my whole abdomen and I often feel a limb on both sides at the same time, acrobat boy I tell ya.

I had a slight panic attack the other night when I realised we are almost into February which means a baby (aka major surgery) is not far away! Believe it or not, the scariest parts I think about now are the epidural or spinal what ever they will use and them checking my uterus afterwards every 2 or so hours. The checking KILLED! I cried twice with it. Both my incisions lined up just perfect that when any pressure was put on that area it would rub them together.... oh the joy!

Anyway, that said, I am very much looking forward to meeting this lovely little man and will be glad when a name is chosen and we can be all home together!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

:) You look beautiful, and you described the love of being pregnant perfectly.

Claire said...

Lookin' good!!!! Not long to go, it's kind of nice to be able to know what your delivery date will be. Babies often decide to come at very inconvenient times othwerwise...!!

Denise Faulkner said...

You look great!! I keep asking family how you are doing -- sounds like everything is going well. Brock and I can't agree on a name either. I'm pretty set on my choice!