Monday, September 6, 2010

My Boy Cade




I have not done an update on my boys in a while so thought it was about time I did so!

Cade is just short of turning 4 years old and at this stage of life, he is a busy boy. He keeps me on my toes, can be sassy, challenging and bossy but is so helpful with his brother, so smart and affectionate. He always asks if he is a good boy, which I worried about at first thinking he thought that I thought he was naughty, but I have since come to realise he wants reassurance he is doing what is appropriate and 'choosing the right'. He wants to please and apologised for having a rough day or being cheeky, usually at the end of the day or when he is getting tired. He has a bit of a temper at times that I am trying to help him learn how to channel. He states, "That makes me mad! That makes me stomp!" and he will stomp his foot. I had to walk away and laugh the first couple of times but since then, it is not so funny. He wakes each morning with a "Good morning mommy, good morning daddy! Did you have good sleepys?" He gets Ethan out of his crib and they come toddling in and climb into bed with us. He loves educational shows and puppet shows. We once went to a puppet show at UW and he has since talked about it and asks me if I remember it and certain other things, like the tall house we use to live at, certain friends etc. He has had a harder time going to class at church since we moved and realises the change in friends. I am hoping we can get him into pre-school or because we might have missed the intake, to get him on a waiting list. He does not like me to try and teach him anything, he would rather teach me. At times it is a battle of wills and that drives me crazy.

Cade loves to sing, loves to tell stories and is very creative with both. He loves showers and riding his new bike! He asks each day, "Where are we going today Mommy?" or "What are we doing today Mommy?" (So like his mother in this regard)

He insists on saying each and every prayer we give and is not shy to do it at others homes too. I love that. Confidence I hope he always has. Cade plays with the same toys each day. Still enjoys his trains and gets distressed if they are not coming together the way his mat goes. No matter how many times I tell him they don't match, he still tries his hardest to get them to. He loves to create with blocks and I will have to get a photo of the awesome little trains he makes from his wood blocks. He LOVES to watch Thomas and Fraggle Rock (Gobo the Rock as he calls it). He also likes Barney (much to Cory's dismay) but redeems himself by liking Phineas and Ferb. He goes through stages of things he likes to watch but I hate that he loves TV so much. I often hear him saying, "Curse you Perry The Platypus!" He has a liking for Astro Boy but when I heard him saying, "I shoot out my butt coz I have guns in my butt!" I have not offered that one since. He has picked up on words we say that I have had to eat my words about, "Crap" being one of them "Stupid" being another. Yep, it's started. I am surprised it too this long really.

Cade is sweet and gentle and loves to have his back tickled. He will tell you he loves you and gives lovely kisses and cuddles (huggles). He barters his kisses and huggles, saying, "mommy if you do such and such I will give you a kiss and a huggle!" He likes to go for drives and to get the mail each day. He insists on helping me clean, with a "Can I help you with that Mommy?" He makes his own sandwiches and knows exactly what is needed. He still loves to wrestle and enjoys most of his food. He is off chicken lately which is not like him to be picky. He will eat each and every piece of fruit in the house if I let him. He is liking to dress himself lately too.

We sure love our boy and he has truly showed us how to love and be loved. We are thankful everyday for our happy, healthy boy!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha! What a fun little guy!

Annette said...

Hey spunky boy!

Jamie said...

Oh that Cade! I love seeing our boys living these parallel lives in so many ways;) Just wanted you to know I miss ya and think you are just a wonderful mommy!