Friday, May 14, 2010

Ethan 13 Months

I have a lot to catch up on with blogging...

Ethan is now 13 months old. He has really grown in the last month. He is walking and trying to run from me. He has become playful and independent in a lot of ways. He finally cut a tooth and it is still a lonesome one... you can see about 4 or 5 more wanting to peek through, just no show at this stage. I think the only reason he even cut this one tooth, which is his top right, is that he bumped his mouth twice in one week and I think it cut his gum which allowed the tooth to come on through.

He bit me with that little toothy today and all the boys (Cory included) got a good laugh out of that. Ethan likes me to look for teeth now and giggles with delight when I do. Good thing, I check as I check it almost daily.

Here are a few news worthy things about our Ethan boy...

~ Yep, he's walking and does fantastic at it
~ One toothy peg, top right
~ He gives kisses by tipping his head toward you. Initially it was a 'lazy' kiss as he didn't want to take out his pacifier, but now I say, "Kiss, Kiss?" and he leans toward me for kisses on the forehead usually. I love it! Very sweet.
~ He still loves his bottles and still wakes once in the night for one
~ Ethan is a talker. He responds really well to questions, with a "Yes!" "this" etc. He also lets you know when he wants something, usually food that Cade has with a protesting yell out that I have forgot him.
~ He is a smiler. He gives the cutest of smiles and I was looking at him in the rear view mirror today and he was so sweet with his smiles. What a happy little soul.
~ Ethan loves his tongue. He clicks with it and blows raspberries. Just today I caught him checking himself out in the mirror moving his tongue about and he got all embarrassed and mad at me when I spotted him.
~ He loves stuffed toys. He cuddles and loves on them. When he wakes from a nap, he points toward a hidden paci he wants and then his love that he took to bed or that Cade made sure Ethan had for bed. It is super cute.
~ My boy is happiest in a routine it seems which I am totally fine with. He likes his own bed and takes 2 naps a day. Just lately he has woken early and we have brought him in bed with us and he will sleep for another hour or so. BLISS. Cade did this all the time as a little bub and it was lovely. Ethan is an early bird and we had hoped for some sleep in time like this. Not sure it will last as he hasn't done it in the last 2 days...
~ Ethan's favorite foods are fruits. He loves oranges, grapes and watermelon. He loves pasta and peanut butter sandwiches. Ethan is such a messy eater, but so enjoys to feed himself and he will not eat without a fork.
~ He still loves cuddles and snuggle and loves to be read to.
~ Ethan is quite the little dancer. He LOVES music, if I sing to him in the shower or something, he hums along with me. If I have music playing he will bop up and down and hunt me down to pick him up and dance with him too. If he doesn't like the song, he stops, if he likes the song he will bop along. If I stop and he does not want me to he wriggles and shakes himself until I do it again.



Ethan boy with baby cousin Kinley

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love reading your posts about Ethan because he and Avery do a lot of the same things, so I can relate and know just how cute he is when he does them! Lots of changes for you guys lately - hope you're taking it all in stride!

Annette said...

Big sloppy kisses coming your way!!!

Annette said...

Hey Ethan, do you have any more teeth yet? I have been wondering as I could see some almost peeking through in the photo your mum posted of that first fabulous tooth. Maybe you can suggest to your mum that she update her blog - it has been a while. Hope all is good and that things are easier to chew now that you have a tooth and even possibly teeth. Love you lots XOX.