Cory proposed....
At 7:30pm on the button, right on sunset, here...
on this breakwall, minus the fisherman, actually there were fisherman but only 2 down further on the rocks, closer to the water, they had no clue what was going on...
It was the most nervous I have ever seen Cory and I remember making fun of him and teasing him when he was trying to get all romantic and set the tone for 'the' proposal! The funny thing is I totally thought I knew when Cory was going to propose so I went into the date with no worries, prior that week Cory and I had I thought finalized 'the' ring,...
I wrote this in my journal... "So the jeweller Cory and I have been dealing with told Cory I totally liked a ring I didn't (I later found out he was trying to throw me off), so I started stressing out saying we had finalized it I thought etc, so I guess to calm me down he goes, "Well I have your ring!" I said, "Don't tell me you have a ring and sit on a proposal!" and he continues, "Technically I don't have the ring, your fingers are so small I have to have it remade!" He told me as soon as he had the ring he would propose within 3 days, I was like 3 days, why 3 days.... sooo I got to thinking... bad move... When I got back to work I called the jewellers I was pretty sure Cory got my ring from and I asked how long it took to manufacture a ring and the lady told me 2 weeks, so basing dates on what Cory had mentioned I figured he ordered the ring the 28th, 2 weeks after that is the 11th and then 3 days after that is VALENTINES DAY!!! I'm figured!! Too smart huh!! "
What a cocky little snot I was... well turns out he was and always will be the smart one when it comes to surprises. I usually hate surprises. I don't hate, hate them. I really like a good surprise but... you know what I mean right?!
I have so many fond memories of Nelsons Bay, it was where Cory and I went on our first date. It has been so much part of my life since I can remember. I use to go here every new years day to swim and sunbake when I was young and then when I got older I would go with friends for New Years Eve to ring in the new year. One of the best New Years ringing in's I had was the month before Cory proposed, we all (his family and me) went on a harbour cruise, dolphin watching and then had dinner and watch all the fireworks out in the bay at all the beach heads. BEAUTIFUL. Nelson Bay also has THE BEST fish n chips EVER!! I have cute photos from when we went and ate there after Cory proposed but I am not technically savvy and need to get them scanned on here... here is a pic to give you an idea of these delish fish n chips (the original is the best but this will do)...
November 2019 Videos
6 years ago



4 comments:
Wow! What a magical setting. :)
:) Thanks for sharing Kathryn. Avery likes your music...she was singing along to "Every Breath," and even made her voice softer when the singer got softer.
Ummm I'm sorry lol But the best time YOU had at Nelson Bay was with ME on NEW YEARS Eve! When we took photo's of ourselves with that naked goddess statue and pretended we owned one of the boats oared down at the dock BAHAHAH and we got WAYYYY too sunburnt but ohhh the memories are good! so so good!
That was up there Mel, I even thought of putting that in.. hehehe with the fake champers and all!!
It was a blast, and the next day when we tried to get burnt like lobsters so we could have a sweet tan, I go nothing, but you my dear were a hurting unit!! I love you Mel babe!!
Post a Comment