Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Melting Moments

I have been feeling really flat the last 2 afternoons, can't put my finger on it but I am just frustrated with trying to organize things beyond my control (church calling).

Once again, this is a time when I am so thankful to be a mum to my precious boys who delight my day.

Yesterday Cade and I were cuddling on the couch and he goes, "We can be best friends!" in the cutest most innocent voice. I responded, "We sure can my boy!"

Today the boys are sick with running noses and coughs and I changed their bedding, as I was putting sheets back on, I was get flustered when the fitted sheet wasn't fitting right, and Cade asks, "What are you doing?" and I tell him putting the bedding on and to go watch his show, and he states, "I just will watch you, I like to watch you" I said ok, but not to jump in the crib and he so sweetly says while pointing to me, "I like you mom!"

Cory just got home after Cade not seeing him all day and he ran to him, jumped in his arms, snuggled him as tight as can be with eyes squeezed closed and with a huge grin and Cory told him that when he came home earlier Cade was sound alseep and that he would have loved to have snuggled right up next to him and taken a nap and Cade goes, "You just do love me!"

Sweetheart he is.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Think we all have days when we are feeling far from our best... it's really hard to be with our kids 24/7 and not to feel frustrated at times. But what sweet spirits they have, and can instantly make us feel better just by being there with us! Hope you can get your groove back soon!!! (i've been up twice with Seb last night so I'm feeling a little flat today too, usually he sleeps right through until 6 or 7 but he's unwell at the moment and I'm just not used to getting up to him..)

Jen said...

awwww...what a sweet boy.

Carrie said...

What a sweet little boy!!

Wyborn Family said...

Well here is my "melting moment" - and I use that term loosley.

While using the bathroom, I have Campbell outside the door asking "what are you doing". I was trying to ignore him but after the fifth time I yelled out "wiping my ar$#". Can't even use the bathroom in peace.

Oh blessed children :)

Finkleas said...

OHHHHH that is so sweet!!!