Saturday, January 23, 2010

10 Months







Ethan at 10 months is just so fun! I distinctly remember with Cade, that I found 10 months really hard, I don't know why that was, perhaps because that was the month his teeth finally popped through or because that was the month Cory went back to another semester of school and along with that an even busier schedule, but I seemed to find 10 months difficult. I would have to say that is not how I feel now. 10 months is busy yes, but just a great age for me. I LOVE the newborn stage and would keep that stage a little longer but this Independence and still the love of a good cuddle I really enjoy.

Here are 10 more things Ethan is doing at 10 months...

Ethan has started to say a few words, he says "Mama" "Dad dad" "Bub Bub" and "Bott Bott" and says them specifically. When he wants to be picked up he will crawl to you and say, "Mama, bub bub". It is so stinkin cute!

Ethan now shakes his head 'No' especially when we are wanting to feed him at meal times. I think he has learnt that if he does that he thinks he is done, but he is hungry at the same time so it is proving a little messy.

He loves to climb, he prefers to go the hard route over items as opposed to around them and it is fun to watch him rough house with Cade and Cory.

He is tough! He really doesn't cry when he gets hurt when playing, it is only if Cade hurts him unawares and I hear Cade run away saying, "Sorry Ethan, sorry Mommy!" and then I know it was a definite hurt.

Ethan really only cries when you take food from him that he has totally goobered or a toy he is not meant to have that he is chewing on. (And he cries at night... can't forget that little gem)

He is like the human vacuum. If something is to be found on the ground however minuscule, he will put it in his mouth, I was eating dinner tonight and dropped some rice on the floor when I was cleaning up and he was there in a shot to try and get it! Gross.

Ethan walks along furniture and is constantly on his feet. He does this bending and straightening of his legs like he is dancing. He stood alone twice today and that was pretty amazing to us.

He knows when he is being naughty or doing something he is not meant to, he will look at you with his sweet as can be eyes and smile and laughs at his naughtiness. He loves to tease Cade. He will purposely stand in front of the TV to block him and has learnt to turn the TV on and off so we have had to tape the switch so he can't get it. Funny little boy. He

He is F.E.A.R.L.E.S.S in the bath. He just crawls around in there like no ones business and lays on his tummy and blows bubbles. He stresses me out just watching him but he has an absolute ball in there!

He loves me to take photos of him and totally hams it up. He likes the red light reduction that comes on and squashes his face up as you can see in the photos.

We are just totally in love with this boy and Cory says daily, "What would we do my boy without that smile!" Cade loves him, he is gentle and kind and caring and talks to him in a special sweet voice. I hope they are always so close. Don't get me wrong, they have their moments but thankfully they are just moments and they just love each other to bits the rest of the time.

5 comments:

Jen said...

he is adorable!! love the pictures.

Finkleas said...

ha ha... what a cutie!

Sarah said...

Those are some seriously cute pictures Kathryn. He sounds like a fun baby.

Felecia Moeaki said...

Holy Moly! Is he really? Wow, that went by so fast. Hope you're doing well. Much love to the fam

Jessica & Paul said...

He's so ADORABLE Kathryn. I just totally love watching him at church! He is just a doll.