Saturday, September 20, 2008

Please let me not jinx myself....

Just an update on the Cade vs 'The Toddler Bed' dramas.... last night we played mean guys and made him cry it out, held the door shut (I know sounds awful) and guess what... HE STAYED IN BED ALL NIGHT!!! He cried alot initially, like bloody murder crying for about 4-5 minutes and then we waited until we thought he was well and truly asleep and sure enough the smarty had put himself into his bed, laying on his pillow and all with his covers pulled up. He knows. He is just totally playing us like a fiddle. He did wake twice in the night, once at 2am and I just went in put him on his bed, and told him, "Hope back in bed, this is your bed and where you will sleep, I love you, goodnight". He cried for a whole 2 minutes, never attempted to open the door and that was that. He woke again half an hour later and I did the same thing but I stood holding the door as he attempted to open it for a minute or so. A few cries later and he was out until 7:45 this morning. SUCCESS... I am not counting my chickens before they have hatched but.... what bliss!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Way to go Cade, or should I say Mom and Dad. It's so hard to let them cry it out, but sometimes it's the best thing to do.