Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy First For Our Second

WARNING... might be a bit of a long post.... but there will be photos!!

Today is Ethan boys 1st birthday!

Can you believe that.... I can't. (that c-section is still very real in my mind)

At 8:02am on this day, a year ago, a 7lb 12oz baby boy made his appearance. I remember thinking he was huge (with that 37cm head it was deceiving) and looked like my side of the family. I was just so, so happy that he came with hair, not sure why, I just never thought I would have a baby with hair, and dark hair at that. I kept talking about it I remember. Funny thing to be focused on but... I was tickled.

Ethan is a beautiful, happy (most of the time), smiley little man and we just adore him. He and Cade are the best of buddies (most of the time) and we so enjoy the little spirit Ethan has added to our home.

Here are 12 things Ethan is doing...or not doing... at 12 months old!! A YEAR... CRAZY

- Ethan loves the tubby, he loves water period. He is fearless and would swim in even cold water to his little hearts content. It was fun to watch him this spring break getaway swimming and just loving every bit of it.
- A few of his favorite eats are fish crackers, grapes, blueberries, carrot cake, pumpkin and pears baby food, yoghurt, ice cream and oranges.
- He loves balloons, balls, his pacifiers, pillows, climbing and squealing!
- Ethan is totally not into his baby food anymore, is very willful and lets us know we he does or does not want something.
- If we ask him where something or someone is he looks, points and says, "Daretis" as if he is he saying, "There it is!" Cory was the one that noticed this and we were impressed!
He tries to say certain things, and mimics the sounds we make alot. I swear that while one the phone with my mum the other day he said "Brother" but has not said it since, thankfully mum was a witness to it while on the phone or I would think I was a bit nutso!
He says, Mummum, Momma, Daddad, bubbub, ball, hittis (here it is), daretis (there it is) Botbot (bottle).
- Ethan still does not sleep through the night... grrrr. We have been doing the 'hard love' route this week and letting him cry a little more in the hopes he will self settle better. I am sorry to my poor neighbors that have to hear a screaming baby at 2am in the morning, it will be worth it in the end!!
- Ethan is alot of fun, he is funny, likes to bump his head on things on purpose. If he is sitting by the door or a wall he will tap his head backward to make a noise and crack up at it, easy pleased!
- If you take something from his 'death grip' he will cry the biggest crocodile tears and chuck a fit that you pried it from his hands. He is a determined little mite and it is a struggle sometimes to get things from him!
- He STILL had NO teeth...grrr. I said to Cory, what a waste of him weaning, we could have made the most of this no teeth thing!
- This little boy loves to cuddle and snuggle and we just love it. He will still lay his head on your shoulder for a good cuddle too. He likes to be by you and will go get what he was playing with and come back and sit on your lap to play with it.
- He, for the most part plays really well by himself or with Cade. Lately I think he is going through a seperation anxiety thing with me and will want me on the floor playing with him which is new.
- Ethan is not walking yet but will stand for longer periods of time balanced without noticing he is doing it. He is a climber and a few of his favorite places to climb are on our TV stand (it is not a high TV stand as our TV is wall mounted), on Cade's tool bench, over the couches and on Cades bed. I found him 2 days ago on the second shelf of Cades bookcase, SCARY!

Now for the photos....
Birth


One Month


Two Months

Three Months

Four Months

Five Months

Six Months


Seven Months

Eight Months

Nine Months

Ten Months

Eleven Months

1 YEAR OLD

8 comments:

Kate said...

Happy birthday, Ethan!!! He's such a cute little man.

Megan said...

What beautiful pictures... easy to do when you have such a beautiful little guy! Happy Birthday Ethan! The days, months, and years go bye so much faster with your second! He sounds a lot like Kyle... determined and adventurous yet a snuggle bug and lover! Hope you all have a great day!

Carrie said...

WOW, I can't believe he is already a year old! Happy Birthday, Ethan! HOpe you guys have a good day.

Jamie said...

Dear Ethan, Why do you little boys have to grow up so fast?! I just can't believe it! He is just the cutest! Happy Birthday!

Annette said...

Happy birthday little man!

Bob & Dani said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Ethan!! He's a cutie pie. Hope you have a great day!

Sarah said...

He has gorgeous eyes Kathryn. Reading about him bumping his head and laughing made me smile - that's way cute.

Claire said...

He's really cute! I specially love the photo of him crawling, it's gorgeous! Hard to believe they grow up so quickly. My little Seb is now 6 months old, bit sad but exciting to see them grow and develop