I am a little late with this, but life seemed to get busy this last week for some reason...
Our beautiful, handsome, happy boy turned 3 on Sunday the 8th November. We had a little Pirate Party for him after church with a few friends and he loved it! It all came together pretty well, which I was thankful for as we had had 2 really awful nights up with Ethan with what we now know was a head cold. So I am glad that sleep deprivation didn't affect the day for Cade. I had alot of fun this year in the preparation for his party. I always make his invitations and his cake and I kept the party decorations very simple this year. We didn't do games as I find it stressful to get the kids motivated to play games they are shy or uninterested in so we just got eye patches, made our pirate hats and handed out the 'treasure' from his cake. It was also really nice to just visit with the adults and we just let the kids do their own thing. I know Cade enjoyed the day, Cory and I had a great time and I think everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
I can not post about a growing boy without letting you know what he is up to at 3 years old. Cade is just a lovely boy. We are still as smitten as ever. He is fun, loving, caring, playful and just the most lovable 3 year old ever!! (I am ever so biased I know)
- Cade talks all the time and I find him really easy to understand, but I am not sure if that is because I am mum, but his Dr said he was doing great and that she could totally understand him, which is nice.
- He is fully potty trained, has been for over a month now.
- Cade is a great sleeper and still naps a good 2 hours a day, although I do have to lay with him for a couple of minutes until he nods off.
- He has a fantastic imagination. Wants me to role play with him.
- Cade loves TV and wants to do the things the characters are doing and if emotions are expressed he expresses them too. Very perceptive boy.
- He loves to dance and will ask to dance with me daily. I love it as I have always danced with my boys. He is a little break dancer if he dances on his own... not sure where he got that one, not from Cory or I that's for sure!
- I get daily requests to make a house, a tent or to fix his train set that Ethan the Destroyer messed up or if he can see his friends, who is coming to his house or when he can go to school.
- He has shown a keen interest in learning his colors and numbers. We try but he is a stubborn little mite and likes to get it on his own.
- Cade LOVES nursery. He lives for it. Loves to see the church steeple on the way to church and makes sure we all have seen it too.
- He is so appropriately affectionate, tells us, "I wove you so much!" all the time.
- As you might be able to tell from above, he can not say L's it is funny to hear him say every L word with a W instead.
- Cade does this pose thing when he is explaining something, he bends his leg and indicates to what he talking about with a hand on his hip and so matter-of-fact. It is hilarious and I have to bite my tongue not to laugh.
- He absolutely loves his cousins. He asks for them all the time and tells people about them.
- Cade likes to go to the Dr and when we drive past it he tells me I forgot and missed the turn. Funny boy.
- He loves his daddy to bits and greets him so lovely when he comes home.
- Cade just loves his brother and for this I am so thankful. Lately he has been telling me Ethan wants to get up and play with him when he is asleep in his crib and when Ethan finally does wake up I say, "Cade, look who's awake" and he exclaims with such excitment, "Ethan did wake up mum!"
- He knows all his animals and pretends to be them all day long. When he is done playing and he says, "Mum, I not a monkey, a puppy dog, a kitty cat, a monster, a dinosaur, I just a boy. I just Cade". It is hilarious.
- He is quick to say sorry and make things right when he has upset me or hurt Ethan etc. He is very aware and I love that he loves so beautifully.
Here are a few of Cades favorite things...
SHOWS - Caillou, Max and Ruby, Little Bear, Yo Gabba Gabba, Oswald, Thomas
MOVIES - This is a funny one. He use to love everything, it was hard to narrow down what he wanted to watch and when. Now he says everything is, "Too scary" Lately he likes Thomas (which we rented and he has requested it everyday since), Brother Bear, Charlotte's Web, Ant Bully, Wall-E, Bolt.
FOODS - He still likes my cooking, especially lasagna or spaghetti but has decided to be a little more fussy lately, so we just leave his meal on table and he comes and picks at it and it all gets eaten eventually. He loves pancakes, mac and cheese, cheese, hot dogs, raisins, grapes, apples, bananas, watermelon, chicken fries, green beans and carrots.
CLOTHES - He has a certain pair of shoes he loves, but Cory hates them. He loves to wear his Jammie's and would wear them all day if he could. He likes particular shirts, ones with cars or trucks on them are his favorite or ones with 'soccer ball game' (this is anything with a ball on it).
TOYS - He LOVES trains, cars, anything with a ship or pirates, lego, balls, ropes, fishing and horses (warsies).
SONGS - Just like with the movies, he is very picky about songs. At night he likes us to sing fun songs my mum use to sing to us, 'Jimmy Monkey', 'Hydee, Hydee Ho', 'Mumma Little Baby Loves Shortening Bread' and he says, "Monkey", "Elephant" or "Bread" for those songs. He loves 'Love Is Spoken Here' and calls that "Daddy Song". Lately he loves to sing happy birthday and it is so stinking cute. He is pretty good at it too. Last Sunday at church there were some children from a family that sang a song and Cade goes, "Ohhh mumma, it's a happy song!" We all got a chuckle out of that.
We are so blessed and fortunate to have this wonderful child in our home. I have said this since the day he was born, but he truly is a delight!
Here are a couple of favorites of mine...
Cade brand new and unnamed at this stage
3 days old, first day home
10 weeks
8 months

Cade 2 years old




4 comments:
I was telling Cory, that Cade's birthday was like the best kids birthday I have ever been too. I am sorry I was sooooo talkative, but I was having the greatest time! Thanks again for having us....we love Cade and you guys so much. oxoxoxo ~Jeffi
Jeffi!! I didn't even notice you were sooo talkative, I must have been the same...hehe I just so enjoyed you being there, thanks for coming. I think we will try and do birthdays like that. Nice for the parents to sit and visit.
Cade, You get to be the King of the Castle today...but tomorrow...I am the King of the Castle!!!!!
Oh Kathryn! This party looked so fun! You are such a great mommy! I love reading about Cade- he and Ike have so much in common- including a bunch of girls as friends;) I'm sure that'll come in handy some day!! Thanks for this great post;)
Post a Comment