Monday, November 23, 2009

8 Months

Today Ethan boy is 8 months old. OH MY GOSH... 8 months. Today was a terror day for him but I do think it was that he missed his morning nap as I took the boys to playgroup, and the fact that he is teething. I can feel his bottom tooth just under the gum but that does not mean it will be poking through anytime soon (lesson learned with Cade).

Ethan this month has finally started to crawl on all fours but when he is on a slick surface he still army crawls. He loves to blow raspberries and squeal. He is fun. He also does the most darling excited sucking noise. I can't do it, it makes me cough everytime, but it sure is endearing. We love it. He kicks and smiles the most beautiful smiles when he sees you and I just love that. He is a sweet little boy (with the exception of today hehe) and is growing like a weed. We do not have his next appointment until he is 9 months but he is still a chunky monkey and we love him to bits!

On a sad note, Ethan decided he is too big (nosey and impatient) to nurse anymore. We had a good run with breast feeding and it is always so bittersweet when my boys decide they are done. I had a friend tell me to be thankful they ween themselves as it is one less thing I have to teach them not to want or get rid of, but at the same time, I love that time, I love to breastfeed and there is truly nothing like it for me.

Well, the child that has possessed my once so calm and placid boy is crying for the 100th time today... duty calls.... COME ON TEETH HURRY UP!!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Much love to the cute Ethan and his big brother, Cade. XOXO