I am so very pleased to announce....
....THIS BOY IS POTTY TRAINED!!! YAY!!!
This was our 5th and final attempt to potty train. We bought a trainset for Cade for his birthday and had it stashed away and I told Cory it was time to pull it out and display it and let that be the motivation to Cade to finally go potty. And it totally worked!!
We made a chart and put stickers on it at every potty time. He did fantastic! The first and second day I seriously thought it would be the death of me, both Cade and I have very little patience at times and therefore clash heads. We hung in there and I am so thankful we did. It was truly a bonding process for us too. Realising he can be independant in a good way was empowering for him and totally beneficial for me too. I was thinking it would be forever before he would poop on the potty, but by Friday that same week (so 4 days into it) he was pooping no problems. He has had 2 accidents since then and nothing for over a week now. He is waking dry of a morning and taking himself straight to the potty. He has also graduated from his potty and is now on the big toilet. What a big boy I have!! I am so happy with all that he had accomplished and I know he is happy with himself too, there is just a different sense about him, almost a new step in confidence and I love that.
CONGRATULATIONS my biggest little boy!!
The pictures above are from before we started to try, we made this chart and he was so proud of it. If you look at that first picture, you can see the bottom chart is covered in stickers... and so is his little potty, apparently he was running out of room.
November 2019 Videos
6 years ago



8 comments:
YAY, Cade! Having a potty trained kid is one of the best feelings in the world! I can't believe how much he looks like Cory!!
Woo hoo! Yee ha! Hip hip hooray!
Congratulations on that. His future wife will enjoy those pictures!
Good job! Way to hang in there! I know it's been hard on you. congrats!
Hey Kathryn!
We are doing a way fun enrichment and centering it around Australia!
I would love a list of slang or just any other words that you use down under, that we in America have no clue of! I checked online but wonder how much is accually true!
ashlieoops@hotmail.com
P.S. Way to go on potty training we are trying with Lauryn but with no luck! She is still young though.
When I check your blog to see if you have updated I see that first photo of Cade in this entry. Every time I see it I can hear him say "cheese"! Makes me smile.
Oh good! He looks so cute!
Post a Comment