Monday, April 6, 2009

2 Weeks...

Can you believe Ethan is already 2 weeks old... I sure can't! He is still the most calm and placid little boy and is such a joy to us. Cade is still totally smitten and wants to shower with him constantly, is trying to carry him everywhere (which is not so pleasing)and is just loving him to bits. Ethan has become more vocal this week. He grunts and talks himself to sleep most nights and it is just lovely to hear.

We had his 2 week appointment today and he has put on a whole pound since birth. He is now 8lb 12.5oz (hasn't even reached Camryn's birth weight yet Mel!!). He is a great little feeder and sleeper and I seem to have oddles of milk so he gets done nursing in about 15 minutes which is great. He goes about 3-4 hours between feeds and is having a little more awake time each day.

I am feeling ok. I seem to be frustrated at myself, wanting to recover much quicker this time round which is just not possible. I have had a few tears about it. Just want to get out and about without hurting and Cade has so been on my nerves as he is demanding and bossy and I have to be on him constantly or he will rule the roost - this has nothing to do with Ethan coming into the picture, we have been contending with this for a little bit now but now that my mum is here and he is a dead set turd to her at times it has come to a head. I feel bad for him, he has cabin fever and so do I so that really doesn't help either. Cade is a wonderful little boy, one that just knows what he wants and he is very much a leader and that is hard when I want to take charge!! He has had some little friends come over this week and had some play time which he so needed and so loved so we'll see. He is getting better with me though... if I stay on him. I just love my Cade and want to bring out the best in him and not allow the tendancys of a 2 year old to take the forefront. ARGH... I have just pulled said child out of Ethan's cradle for the umpteenth time today and he is bawling!! Oh dear!! Better go love the boy's tears away!


7 comments:

Melany said...

What a cute little man you have Kitkat! I SO wish i was near by to give him a cuddle and kiss and set him up with my Camryn lol haaa

Love you xoxox

Jen said...

He's adorable! What a sweetie. And you look great too, Kathryn.

Jill Asay said...

You look great! I'm glad to hear that things are going good for you guys! That is so great that your mom is there to help out!

Annette said...

Big fat sloppy kisses!!

Claire said...

Oh he's just so yummy!! And you are looking fantastic!! Hope things improve with Cade, nothing like being stuck at home to get on everyone's nerves. Things will get better...:)

Annette said...

Hi Kathryn, This is Shaylie using Netty's blog ID. I think Ethan is gorgeous. I really miss and would love to have cuddles with you and the whole family.
Bye Shay

The Moeaki's said...

He's stinkin cute...hope you're feeling better.