Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Anderson Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful extended Thanksgiving weekend. We went to Cory's parents in Colorado where we visited, ate, visited some more, shopped and just enjoyed everyones company. Cory's oldest sister, Bobbi and her boys stayed for a couple of nights along with his youngest sister, Alisa and her husband Jesse. It was just nice to especially spend the evenings playing games and chatting. I was the piker on all the action and took myself to bed before the others as this little boy I am pregnant with feels like he is going to fall out at the end of a busy on my feet day.
It snowed just after Thanksgiving much to the boys dismay as they had left the strings of lights on the lawn ready to hang the next morning, needless to say, they had to fish them out of the about 5 inches of snow that had fallen overnight. Cade just loved the snow. I was so impressed at how well he did to stay on his feet and he just played and played to his little hearts content.












I just love this time of year, really from Halloween through to the New Year. I love the smells, the warmth of the indoors and the festivities with family. I particularly enjoy thinking on those things I am so thankful for. This year as we went around the table it struck me that we each in our own way are very much thankful for the same things. I personally am thankful for the blessings that have come to my family in Australia through this trial they have all been going through with my nephew Kallan. So many people have come through with flying colors, showing their support and encouragement. I am thankful that Kal has never had to be alone and I constantly think and pray for those enduring this horrible illness alone. I have an all new found respect for those that care and tend to the needs of those that are not well, whether physically, emotionally or financially. I am thankful that Kallan is doing so well, that his treatment is working and although he is dreadfully sick with all the side affects and yuckiness that goes along with chemo, he is doing well. I am thankful that my family live close enough to each other to rally around at this time. I am thankful for my family, their love and friendships. I am thankful for my in-laws. For the love and support they give me not just as their only sons wife, but as a daughter. They are the best in-laws ANYONE could ever ask for. I am thankful for health. Health is something I have always and will always be thankful for. I am thankful for the most wonderful husband that just loves me to bits. He is my best friend and is the best dad I could ever want for my children. I am thankful for my children... Cade baby is the most wonderful child and I know I could talk all day about his greatness but I will just say, he is the best company for his mummy and what I would give to always have those sweet kind kisses and cuddles even when I am old and grey! I am thankful for the little boy that I am carrying. He of late has been showing his personality through his kicks and tumbles and I just love this time in pregnancy. I am thankful for healthy pregnancies, for the ability to carry a child to term and the blessings that this brings to me are countless in my eyes. I am thankful for the testimony I have and the simple understandings I have of the gospel, that I can turn in prayer and be comforted and eased when all else seems to fail. I am thankful for my life!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! What a great list of things to be thankful for.