For the last two Mondays Cade has been quite the mischief maker! Last Monday he got into my chocolates and made a big mess all over the couch and himself. (I must say my first thought was that he had smeared poop all over himself so I was glad that it was chocolate!) I can usually only eat 2 of these chocies at a time so when Cade had attempted 7 I was awaiting an upset stomach that never came. (thank goodness)
No sooner had I cleaned up the above, when I come to find this lovely art work from the before mentioned mischief maker! The upset stomach that never came to Cade seemed to hit me by proxy or something which was happening while this little man got to drawing with permanent red marker on my dining table!! He had a fierce talking to and a time out which he half faked crying in for you in the pics. He is such a faker I tell ya!
Monday this week he got into my lip gloss and got it all over his face and shirt. I was too concerned at getting out of the house that morning that I didn't bother with the camera and just got him cleaned up and we went off to play group at the play ground at Washington Park. There are 2 play grounds here and one I like as it is small for little ones and there is a larger on with sand etc. Well as we pulled up there were a load of kids coming to play from daycare centers around etc and so it was mayhem to say the least so I was trying to keep Cade in the small playground. He wasn't up for that and darted over to the bigger kids in the larger one and ran from me underneath a girl on the monkey bars who was swinging and flailing back and forth and kicked Cade fare in the mouth and I just picked him up dusted him off and he was off without any cry etc. I watched him like a hawk here and kids were not watching or minding so I took him back to the smaller one (with much protesting and tantrum throwing... I know you're laughing mum!).
He kept running around, not watching where he was going so I was ending up having to fetch him from disaster as my yells of Cade, Cade, CADE!! were not working. This proved to be the case when he ran between a lady pushing her child on the swing and the child in the swing and got smack in the head by the little girl pumping her legs. It would have hurt big time. It picked him up off the ground and he landed flat on his back. I wanted to cry. He was bawling. I just wanted to pack up and go home! You know how they just have those days when they are in the wars and nothing you do can help. I hate those days!!
Oh the joys! What will next Monday bring... I dare not ask!!
November 2019 Videos
6 years ago



4 comments:
Sometimes you have to let him hurt himself (within reason) so he can learn that he isn't as capable and/or big as he thinks he is.
I like the new look of your table -did you manage to get any of it off at all?? As for the chocolates, I would find another hidey hole - chocolate is important for a mothers sanity.
I know, others there said the same thing that he will have to get hurt to learn, but he didn't he got knocked down twice and still was a boof head about it! Oh well
Yeah I got it off as best I could, it is a light pink now, you have to look for it to find it though. The chocolates were actually over the other side of the high bench adn be crawled over that to get to them, the climber he is!
Reading about you guys going to playgroup makes me miss you all so much!! Cade looks like he is sure fun lately; Tempe has been a wild thing lately, too (hence my last blog post)
Ahh I hate those days at the park!! Riley was such a good placid kid, so I was totally unprepared for the rampage Gracie would go on when she was out.... Sometimes I would walk home from the park in tears....She just wouldn't listen to me. She was like some kind of kamakaze kid... She is much better now though, but it did make me feel like a horrible mum.
Post a Comment