Monday, November 28, 2011

.Tooth Fairy.

I have acquired a new title as of today! Cade will have a visit from the tooth fairy tonight as he lost his first tooth.

It was not by choice unfortunately. We had a trip to Rapid City today for some dental work done by a peds dentist. Once they got in there, they realized he had an abscess tooth and decided to extract that and put a spacer in its place. Cade was put under anesthesia for the whole procedure today thankfully, as he needed quite a bit of work done. He woke really cranky and with a bloody nose as they use gas to put them under and that dried his nose and mouth out. We were in recovery for about an hour and he just kicked his legs all annoyed and cried a little until we rocked in the recliner and sang together. He is such a brave boy. He slept all the way home and woke feeling like a new boy.

We took some photos of his 'teeth with hats on' but they are way at the back and didn't turn out too good, so I will save you the joy.

I so hope this was the first and last time we will have to do something like this, but that might be jumping the gun if he has inherited my teeth, poor bugger. Lets hope he has his dads teeth from here on out!

I am so proud of my boy and marvel at how quickly children bounce back after such ordeals. Amazing small mercy in my opinion, one I am ever so grateful for.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sorry about the "premature" visit from the tooth-fairy, but at the same time... "Yeah! The tooth-fairy" title for you! I just recently joined the club myself! Hopefully her visits will be by natures choice only and not the dentist! :)