Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lefty

Well it sure has been a while since I posted, so I thought it about time to collect my thoughts and catch up.
I broke my arm last week. Slipped on some fresh snow while walking Sunday evening to check the mail, and hyperextended my arm, dislocating my elbow and chipping a bone in the process. It hurt!! I was sedated for them to put my elbow back in place and apparently I was pretty amusing. Telling them my life story pretty much and trying to hook the cute male nurse up with my sister!! When I first woke for about 2 minutes before nodding off again, I told them "they need to sell that stuff on the black market as it was awesome, I didn't dream or anything!" A little embarrassing that there was no filter there but oh well. Bit of a laugh.
I am out of a cast now and just in a sling. I am getting better with exercise slowly but surely. I tell ya, it was a shake up in our world last week though. Cory had to totally reschedule his life as I couldn't do a thing with regard to Cade and was exhausted from the medication I was on, but we got through it. Cory is a trooper, stepped up to the plate with flying colours. I am better this week with taking care of Cade, I still have difficulty changing diapers and cannot dress or bath him yet but we are doing better.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That doesn't sound fun, but I am so glad to hear things are getting better. I can't imagine not having the use of one of my arms, and having kids.
Take Care

Melany said...

What the heck! You broke your arm! ?? HONEY! no good babe! I freaked when read that! I wanted to call you but I was in QLD soaking up the good life! But I am thinking of you and will call you soon xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo love you long time!