Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Change In The Life of The Andersons

Well we just found out today after rumors, speculation and a big heads up that this was not going ahead, that our ward is being split. I was actually giving a talk today and sat beside the Stake President and he was chatting away to his councellors and I saw the overhead project behind us that we were all to familiar with when our ward was split previously in August. Then the Stake President made his announcement and we gave our sustaining vote and the 1st Councellor leaned over and grabbed my arm and thanked me for my vote and I started to cry, then I had to get up and give a 15 minute talk!! I was able to compose myself somewhat to get my message across but it was a sad day. My young women and the leaders all shared their testimony in Young Womens so we got through it. I have loved serving these girls. They just surprised me so much today when they each bore their testimony and it touched my heart so much. I have served them for just over 2 years and it is sad to leave them and go to a new ward. I do understand that change is progress and I want those young ladies and my own family to progress and maybe this is how it will happen for us.

1 comment:

Ashley Luck and Randy Luck said...

I had no idea you had a blog! Yours is soooo darling. I was also enjoying your music! We have very similar taste...just so you know!
Have a good day! I hope your arm is treating you better!
Ashley Luck