Friday, August 24, 2012

.An Introduction.

Jace Turner Teancum made his appearance Monday August 6th at 12:39pm weighing in at 8lb 1oz (the same as his mama) with a length of 20inches and a head circumference of 36 1/2cm (the same as big brother Cade).

He came out crying and looking loving and pink, getting 9 and 9 on apgar and 20 minutes later he turned dusty and was trying a little too hard to breath so an xray was done and he had cried so hard he gave himself a spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung) in both lungs.  I found out while in recovery and they were able to wheel me in my bed to see him, I am forever grateful for wonderful nurses who break rules!  I was a bit of a mess, trying to process, but seeing my little man struggle was by far the hardest thing, it was a great motivation for me to recover quickly in order to get in to see him at every opportunity while he was in level 2.  There were a million blessings that also came during this time and something I will never take for granted, and I know that some I haven't even been able to recognize but I am grateful none the less.  Jace never got worse from that first day, he just kept having to be poked because of his veins blowing out. The poor little man.

Here are some photos of those first 3 days for Jace.  I will have to do the 'labor and birth' rundown in the next post.










3 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! He is a beautiful baby! I'm sorry to hear about his lungs collapsing... I'm sure that was terrifying! Looking forward to hearing about how his is doing! Welcome to the mother of 3 (boys) club!!! It's a great one to belong to!

Claire said...

Oh Kathy! So beautiful (you and the baby!). I was terribly worried when I saw your posts on Facebook about your darling boy, know that both Ben and I were constantly thinking of you xxx. Wishing you nothing but good health from now on!!!! PS lots to catch up on, I will email in the next week or so (you will love it!!!)

Adam and the Girls said...

Cannot wait to meet this little man!!!! Luv, Jeffi